Cajarc

History
Cajarc knew a Gallo-Roman habitat3.
It was an important city of Quercy endowed with a charter of customs in 12263. Its lords, the Hébrard of Saint-Sulpice, built priories and protected the population during the Hundred Years War. The name “Hébrardie” refers to the region around the Célé Valley.
Cajarc was for a long time the residence of the bishops of Cahors.
Cajarc, like Figeac, opted for the Reformation and was dismantled by Louis XIII in 1622.

Site Internet: www.cajarc.fr